Learn how to create unusual and striking close-up images both in the field and in your own backyard with this fun, practical new eBook. Charles guides you through all the necessary steps to discover magical treasures in tiny worlds that are ordinarily overlooked by the human eye and inspires you to capture them creatively, with heart and vision.
Using step-by-step illustration photos, stunning full-color examples, and clear understandable text, Charles shares professional tips and techniques he has developed in his 10+ years of teaching macro photography.
Download a free sample topic: "Shooting Through" with a Telephoto Lens
PC/Mac CD - $45.00
(+shipping & handling)
Downloadable PDF - $40.00
Note: Be sure to click "Return to Charles Needle Photography" after payment to get your download link.
Chapter highlights include:
- Learning how to see
- Macro equipment & gadgets
- Fundamentals of macro photography
- Creative lighting and composition
- Using props to enhance your macro photography
- Selective-focus macro
- Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1: Mindful Photography - Learn how to observe and strengthen your visual acuity. "Making" vs. "taking" a photograph. Shooting from the heart.
- Chapter 2: Equipment - A comprehensive description of available tools and macro accessories to help you capture close-up subjects, including unusual hard-to-find gadgets.
- Chapter 3: Fundamentals of Macro Photography - Practicing basic macro concepts, such as: depth-of-field, exposure, focusing techniques, composition, creative lighting and fill-flash.
- Chapter 4: Using Props to Enhance Your Close-up Photography - 20 different creative macro techniques using everyday household objects, illustrated and explained with detailed, step-by-step instructions.
- Chapter 5: Selective-Focus Macro - How to direct the viewer's eye to areas within a macro photograph using selective focus. Shooting close-ups with a telephoto lens, extension tubes, wide-angle lens, or Lensbaby.
- BONUS Chapter 6: Creative Camera Techniques - Thinking outside the box. How to create Impressionistic, painterly photographs in-camera using multiple-exposures, montages, camera movement, and other techniques.
- Appendix & Resource Guide -
- Macro accessories you can purchase from Charles
- Other Useful Equipment Links, Sources for Macro Props
- Helpful Books
- Magazines & Newsletters
- Photography Organizations
- Online Macro Resources
- Inspiring Photographers & Their Websites
- Public Gardens to Visit & Photograph
Also includes a bonus chapter covering Impressionistic camera techniques, internal chapter links, as well as a comprehensive "Appendix & Resource Guide" with hyperlinks, directing you to websites for purchasing specialized, hard-to-find macro photography tools.
© Charles R. Needle. 159 pages. Mac and PC compatible. Permission granted from the author to make one printed copy of this eBook.
This publication is produced in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. If you have problems opening or reading the eBook, please make sure you have the latest version of the free Acrobat Reader software: