Charles Needle Photography
Coronavirus Policy & Mitigation Plan
We are in the midst of a unique and challenging point in time as we all learn to adapt to the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. With this in mind, we want you to know that I value your friendship and patronage, but even more importantly, we share your concerns for your health and safety, and for those you love.
We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely, and we are paying careful attention to information and guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the scientific community and medical professionals. Your health and safety are our primary concern, and we are committed to doing our part to minimize the spread of COVID-19.
If necessary, we will adapt our schedule and will be in contact with participants as soon as it is clear that a given workshop will be affected. To the best of our ability, we will attempt to reschedule affected workshops to a later date so that you may still share in the experience of photographing with us.
If travel restrictions or unsafe conditions related to the coronavirus pandemic cause us to cancel a workshop, we will attempt to reschedule it for a later date. Participants registered for a canceled or postponed workshop will have the following options:
- You may transfer registration payments from the postponed workshop to the rescheduled workshop. If the rescheduled workshop rate is higher than the postponed workshop rate, you will be required to pay the difference.
- Your other option is to receive a credit toward a future workshop through the end of 2023.
Should you need to cancel due to COVID-19, in lieu of a refund, you may receive a credit toward a future workshop through the end of 2023, provided you cancel in writing (via email or snail mail) prior to the workshop start date. Please refer to the “Withdrawal and Refund Policy” section in our Photography Workshop Terms & Conditions. (link to that document or page)
Our COVID-19 Mitigation Plan
For the health and wellbeing of all participants and employees, Charles Needle Photography has made several adjustments to our operations.
Upon registration, all participants are provided with the following information. This material has also been posted to our website (the page you are currently on) for potential clients to review prior to registering for a workshop. All in-person workshop participants are required to review the material and adhere to the following guidelines:
Before the Workshop
- Carefully review the list of symptoms for COVID-19 on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website. If you have had any of these symptoms in the 14 days before the workshop, please do not participate in the workshop until you have been tested to confirm you do not have COVID-19.
- Some individuals may be at a higher risk for COVID-19, as outlined on the CDC’s website. If you are in one of the groups mentioned above, please consult your doctor and make an informed decision on whether to participate in the workshop.
- All participants will be required to sign an acknowledgment of risk form before participating in the workshop.
- Touchless temperature screenings will be conducted before participating in the workshop. Participants with a fever exceeding 100.4º Fahrenheit will not be permitted. Participants who believe they have a disability that causes a fever should bring a letter from a doctor stating that a disability causes the participant’s fever and that they have no other symptoms of COVID-19.
- Some people without symptoms may be able to spread the virus; therefore, participants must come prepared with a mask and wear it while participating in the workshop.
During the Workshop
- All participants and instructors are required to follow social distancing recommendations by the CDC.
- All participants and instructors are required to wear a mask or facial cover if or when 6 feet of social/physical distancing is not possible. Mask or facial coverings must be worn in accordance with the information posted on the CDC’s Use of Masks to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19 webpage. We will have a supply of masks at all times during the workshop, but we ask that you bring at least two to the workshop.
- Participants will travel in your own vehicle to minimize contact with others.
- Avoid unnecessarily touching surfaces such as handrails and doorknobs.
- Please bring a bottle of hand sanitizer and container of disinfectant wipes to the workshop. Do not share your hand sanitizer bottles or disinfectant wipes with others. We will have a limited supply of both on-hand during the workshop, if you need some.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- It is recommended that you avoid shaking of hands or hugging. You are encouraged to just say, “hi!”
- Sanitize your luggage, camera backpacks, camera gear, and other equipment; to include tripods, filters, lightning triggers, and remotes, etc.
- Avoid using other participant’s or the instructor’s equipment.
- Wash or sanitize hands before eating. We will not be having meals together. We encourage you to dine on your own and to avoid the cafeterias and restaurants. We recommend you bring a cooler to store any food items that you may need to keep cold.
- Additionally, we will be conducting daily temperature checks on all instructors and participants. Participants with a fever exceeding 100.4º Fahrenheit will not be permitted to continue in workshop activities.
We appreciate your support of these critical safety changes that ensure we can provide a fun and safe workshop environment in compliance with government and health agency recommendations and requirements. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates on our website as the situation evolves.
Discontinuation of Workshop Activities
- In the event that one of our participants exhibit symptoms of COVID-19, that person will be asked to cease their participation in the workshop immediately. They will be asked to quarantine in their hotel room until they can make arrangements to return home.
- In the event that the instructor exhibits symptoms of COVID-19, the workshop will come to an end, and the instructor will quarantine in his/her hotel room. If necessary, we will provide participants with any necessary monetary compensation.
- Upon the determination that a participant or instructor is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, we will immediately notify everyone in the group and determine the best course of action.
After the Workshop
- In the event that one of our participants or an instructor tests positive for COVID-19 after the workshop, we ask that you please contact us immediately so we may notify the other participants and inform them of a possible exposure to COVID-19. We will not disclose the name of the participant or instructor who has tested positive in-order to maintain confidentiality as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Updates to our COVID-19 Mitigation Plan
- We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely, and we are paying careful attention to information and guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the scientific community and medical professionals.
- This document will be updated as necessary, and copies will be distributed to our participants.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and support as we all adapt to this ever-changing situation.